Below you will see which PHAs in California have the largest public housing portfolios. Some of these will not be a surprise.
- Los Angeles Housing Authority- 7193 units
- County of Los Angeles Housing Authority-2962 units
- San Francisco Housing Authority-2483 units
- Sacramento Housing Authority-1699 units
- Contra Costa County Housing Authority- 1137 units
Any surprises here? Don’t forget that many west coast agencies lean more heavily towards Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) than public housing.